13:45: I woke up minutes ago, and here I am typing this rant.
I haven't ate yet (14:21: nvm, eating Kellogg's cereal), I haven't taken care of my miis yet, so it's just this rant about how people portray my generation (Gen. Alpha).
First of all, you guys make a great point, everywhere I've seen on social media, there's people of my generation being brainrot bozos. There was this "Aura competition" (The current defined meaning for "aura" rn is completely NOT my thing) and kids were doing these stupid and annoying brainrot actions 'n such. I felt nauseous as I saw it. This was in Reddit, btw, so if I saw it in real life, I'd vomit and collapse right onto the ground, like Jessica Huang did when she was on a police ride-along for her book, and saw a dead, bare body (from the TV show "Fresh Off the Boat". Very nice and funny show. Represents Chinese-Americans quite well :-) You should totally see it one day!).
BUT, I'm starting to think that's just half (or hopefully 3/5 or 1/5 or 2/5) of the Gen. Alpha population. There's tons of kids who think that this brainrot is nauseating. People should think wider (very brave of me to say that; my parents say I'm narrow-minded X-P), because not all kids you randomly meet on the street know about this stupid toilet-person Sims 2-looking-dumbo, or others.
TL;DR ("Too long; didn't read"): Us Gen. Alphas are all different. Ironically, I hate my own generation.
There's this cool article about how 3 generations (Gen Z (my brother's generation) Gen X (My dad's generation) and the ever-so-cool-and-fun Millennials (my mom's generation) ... What? I'm just jealous about Millennials. They had all the stuff I'd like to have :-3) keep circling each other just to hate on them. It didn't give info about why they are hating Gen. Alpha (two terms: "Grandparent brain*" and "the stupid brainrot bozos making my generation look terrible"), but it was still pretty helpful :-)
HOWEVER, the article did include this passage:
It’s a rite of passage—a time-honored tradition of just trying to get through your 20s as best as you can only to one day grow bitter about someone else doing the exact same thing. It’s the impulse we have to not only ignore the larger context for why young people behave the way they do, but also blame them for the hardships they face. Maybe it’s some weird resentment, resistance to change, or just general curmudgeonly hand-wringing, but surely this will be out of our system by the time Gen Alpha comes of age, right? Right?! Sigh … those damn iPad kids don’t even know what’s coming for them.
The article had a great quote that I extremely relate to in these trying times:
but surely this will be out of our system by the time Gen Alpha comes of age, right? Right?! Sigh …
But ALSO, look at this sentence's part:
those damn iPad kids
I know the author was just telling that for the article, but why would society degrade my generation's whole worth to just the title "iPad kids"?? It's just so unfair :'-(
I mean sure, we liked tablet devices back-in-the-day (The 2010's, a lively time to be alive :-) ), but that doesn't mean anything. Not every Gen. Alpha kid liked iPads 'n such. I expected this sad portrayal of iPad-clinging kids to end in 2024 along with the brainrot bozos, but apparently not. I grew out of my iPad stage in that year (2024), and focused on the better (Thank you, laptops, for helping me :-)P ), but to the rest of the other generations, we still cling on to our iPads, soaking up brainrot and throw tantrums which evolve into seizures if they're taken away (and by all of this, I don't mean the ever-so-bright 2010's.). They think our brains are mush (not mine, with my grammar corrections, verbosity, and Animal Jam Classic-lovin' self :-D) but that shouldn't be true. The older generations need to know what Gen. Alpha really is: another non-monolith generation with thousands of possibilities and personality, some Gen. Alphas being extremely successful (Take ths for an example: me doing art X-D and a girl a year younger than me making amazing artwork!! :-) ).
TL;DR: We are not kids who cling on to their iPads and other stereotypes.
Special Message: AJC players, not all kids play AJPW (Animal Jam Play Wild, on tablets and phones). They are not a monolith.
So thanks for coming to my TED talk :-)P
I hope you all listened to my rant on how Gen. Alphas aren't just brainrot bozos & iPad-clinging kids.
-Dev, 8/20/2026
Hey, and also: Us Gen. Alphas can read perfectly well and have imagination.
*Grandparent brain: you keep going "kids these days" all the time when you see a younger generation.
Here's some extra content:
What did Gen. Alpha do to traumatize this poor Redditor this bad D-:

No comments:
Post a Comment